This was one of my favorite case studies. In this case study you'll learn:
- How to tell if a programmer is good
- How to avoid bad workers
- How to train your workers
- What skills to look for when hiring
- How to free yourself from work (David's income has tripled while working less!)
Summary of Success Story with David Solomon
- 1:00 - David's Business: Internet Marketing for clients
- 1:40 - David's hiring process
- 2:00 - Used ReplaceMyself.com to learn what they'll learn
- 2:11 - Used OnlineJobs.ph to find and contact people
- 2:30 - Emailed people. Was too specific. Scared people off.
- 3:03 - Hired someone who quit to help her Aunt <--- Chances are pretty good she gave this as an excuse because she didn't think she could do the job.
- 4:20 - Chose the person who followed instructions
- 6:10 - Filipinos are often very sensitive to the embarassment problem
- 7:15 - Give detailed instructions!
- 9:00 - Be careful of who you're hiring.
- 11:00 - They set up everything for wordpress (cpanel, uploading, template, plugins, content, settings, ...)
- 11:20 - Making money on vacation through outsourcing
- 12:15 - Skills he looks for
- 13:00 - How to tell if a programmer is good
- 14:00 - How to keep someone productive
- 14:58 - Some people need more training from you than others
- 14:50 - Find what works for you! Try ReplaceMyself first. If it doesn't work for you, try something else!
- 17:20 - Thinking through a project from beginning to end before starting
- 18:30 - Realizing that you can free yourself to do more important things
- 20:00 - Getting better work done than what you asked for
- 21:05 - DON'T SCARE AWAY POTENTIAL EMPLOYEES!
- 22:15 - Be prepared to have a lot of free time!
- 23:25 - Being the CEO of the business
- 24:15 - How I deal with giving raises
- 25:30 - Watch the exchange rate
If you have an Outsourcing Success Story, Please share it!. I want to hear about your success (and I’ll probably give you some free advice if you do).
Check the other case studies