Philippines Outsourcing Case Study with Dean Soto
Dean has a full-time job in the Aerospace industry.
At the same time he is running a 6-figure side business by outsourcing all the work.
What's he doing?
- Web development/design
- Local Business Marketing
In this case study there are so many things to learn about using a Filipino VA for doing either one of those businesses.
One MAJOR question this case-study answers is:
"Can Filipino's do client facing work?"
The answer is YES!
- 2:15 - they build wordpress websites for companies
- 3:30 - time spent and what he does as a "web development" company
- 5:00 - what they charge people to do websites
- 6:33 - how many people he has working for him in the Philippines
- 6:55 - how much he pays people
- 7:40 - paying bonuses to his Filipino employees
- 8:25 - NEVER tell other people your Filipino employee's name
- 9:00 - Can Filipino's do client facing work?
- 9:50 - What his Filipino workers are doing in his business
- 10:30 - His VA creates training videos for him for his customers
- 11:20 - Hiring a technical person and teaching them technical things
- 13:22 - What skills to look for when hiring a technical person
- 14:00 - Hiring for Wordpress skills and for English skills
- 15:40 - Dean's hiring process - mostly in writing
- 16:12 - Posting a job on OnlineJobs.ph
- 17:00 - How to tell how good their english is!!!
- 18:00 - Skills to look for: PHP, Mysql, AJAX
- 20:00 - Using Google Apps to give them emails from your company
- 21:30 - He uses Basecamp to manage projects because his customers find it easiest
- 23:00 - Doing what you're good at THEN building niche sites
- 24:30 - Building a team with what you're good at
- 25:25 - Being the CEO of your business
- 26:00 - Last words: Use ReplaceMyself.com
- 27:00 - Your VA's will become your friends.
If you have a Success Story, Please share it!. I want to hear about your success (and I’ll probably give you some free advice if you do).
« Check the other case studies